Let's face it...
It's been a tough couple of months for Park City & Deer Valley property managers.
With a couple of Park City's largest property management companies announcing they would be late on rent payments due to owners...
Park City & Deer Valley second home owners and investment property owners might want to take a closer look at who's managing their investments, and ask some due diligence questions.
By the way, these questions were forwarded to us by our friend Jonny Totten from the Park City Area Lodging Association. Thanks, Jonny!
Questions to Ask and Understand When Choosing a Park City or Deer Valley Property Management Company
· How many years has the Property Management Company been operating?
· Business hours: do they vary with different seasons?
· After hours: how are check-ins handled?
· How are emergency- maintenance problems handled?
· Are services sub-contracted or do you maintain a staff to handle housekeeping and maintenance services?
· Review contract in detail and understand the commission structure; i.e. is it based on gross revenue or net revenue?
· How are travel agent and/or credit card fees handled?
· What housekeeping and maintenance services are included? Is there a fee associated?
· Understand cancellation terms and the need for honoring existing reservations.
· How often are owner statements prepared? Review a standard year-end statement to understand credits and charges.
· How do you handle advance deposits? Do you have a trust account for owner rental revenue?
· How do you market your company, and more specifically, how will you market my property?
· What are the start-up costs?
· Do you have projections so I can know what to expect in upcoming years in addition to past years' actual revenue #s for comparable type properties?
·What can you provide to me with regards to your company's financial strength and ability to perform on your contractual obligations to owners?
Related Park City & Deer Valley Property Management Articles:
Deer Valley Lodging: Not Too Big To Fail